I like to keep a tally on the media that I take in for a year. I compile various lists. New books read, books re-read, new films viewed, and new telly shows if I’ve watched all the season available to me. It’s not a long list. I always watch a lot of films, but I only add them to the list if they were enjoyable for one reason or another. Again, it’ll be fun. You’ll see!
That’s right. I finished all of two books in 2016. It was a dismal year for book reading. I started quite a few books, but well, it doesn’t count unless I read them through.
I re-read all of the Harry Potter books and also re-read the first two Miss Peregrine books so that I could read the third one.
Because my reading list was so lacking, I compiled one for books started but not finished. I’m please to announce that The Sisters Grimm, a new read, was knocked off the list on New Years Day, and The Unnaturalists, a re-read was knocked off the list last week. Lady L., also a new read, should be knocked off in a few days. There was another one, The Eyre Affair, but it was one that I just couldn’t finish and tossed into the Little Free Library donation stack.
My telly comes from Netflix, PBS, & Acorn (all three through Roku streaming). We do not have cable, satellite, Amazon Prime, or Hulu. So, I’m never on current seasons like people who have cable or satellite.
- Halt & Catch Fire (2 seasons)
- Expedition Unknown (1 season)
- American Horror Story Hotel (I did not finish Coven by two or three epi’s and I did not watch Freak Show. I’m not all into the overtly sexualized nature of the shows, but barring that, Hotel was my favourite so far & is the only one I watched in 2016)
- Rosemary & Thyme (all)
- Fuller House (2 seasons)
- Stranger Things
- How We Got To Now (educational show)
- Gilmore Girls In The Life Of (I’ve never seen Gilmore Girls all the way through, though I did enjoy parts of the show I watched on the telly or streamed with The Sister. Started watching it all the way though, but only got to season four – perhaps 5 – and took a break, so I didn’t finish that series in 2016)
- Filthy Cities (educational show)
- Once Upon a Time (5 seasons)
Films (1/2): I had to break the films down into two, rather large, groupings because as I said, I watch a lot of films. This isn’t even all of them, it’s just the one’s which were interesting enough for at least a once through or ones which I adored.
- Finding Dory
- Crimson Peak (honestly Bobby Singer (from Supernatural – real name Jim Beaver) was the best part of that film, which is why I’ve included it)
- Quick Change
- Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday
- Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken (a re-watch, but I haven’t seen it in 23 years)
- Free State of Jones (I didn’t love it, but it was interesting to watch and I even wrote a blog post about it here.)
- I Am The Pretty Thing That Lives In The House
- The Book Thief
- The Silenced
- The Peanuts Movie
- V for Vendetta
- Temple Grandin
- Para Eliza
- Kung Fu Panda 3